South Sea Hydrographic and Oceanographic Office
This jurisdiction covers the southern waters between the line drawn from Godumal (Top of Dalmaji Pass, Haeundae-gu, Busan: 35° 09′24.66"N, 129° 10′54.51"E) to 135° and the line drawn from Haenamgak (Earth end pagoda, Galdusan, Songji-myeon, Haenam-gun, Jeollanam-do: 34° 17′33.09"N, 126° 31′26.02"E) to 225°.
- Dec. 1949: Established as the Hydrographic Division under the Operations Department of the ROK Navy.
- Jan. 1964: Busan Branch Office of the Hydrographic Division of the Ministry of Construction and Transportation.
- Nov. 26, 1994: Renamed as the Busan Hydrographic Office.
- Aug. 1996: Reorganized as the Busan Hydrographic and Oceanographic Office following to the launching of the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (MOF).
- Oct. 2002: Renamed as the Hydrographic and Oceanographic Office.
- Feb. 2008: Belonged to the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTM).
- Mar. 2013: Belonged to the MOF again.