Needs and Goals
Coastline surveying & DB construction
- Provide the same datum line for nautical and bathymetric charts and define coastlines, and the references of boundaries in Korea’s jurisdictional seas so as to reestablish the length, area and configuration of the territory.
- The growing marine sports and leisure activities require diverse information on waterfront spaces including coastal ports. Thus, good-quality coast information service should be provided to people.
- Provide diverse materials about current state of support for coastal ports, the environment, and ecosystems.
- Estimating changes in coastlines; inquire into causes of coastal erosion; manage coasts; and provide basic data for academic circles.
- Prepare evidentiary materials for the standard of every administration relevant civil complaints and for the registration of non-registered land as state-owned land.
- Provide information needed in planning coastal disaster prevention, coastal maintenance and management by building coastal surveying data as database so as to realize IT-based digital territory.
- 2 Build marine geology information systems.
- 3 Establish marine policies and national geographic information systems → Realize integrated coastal management.